Profile of Bernard A. Bain
The company is headed by Bernard Bain.
Achievements Executive with expertise in UK, US and international company secretarial matters, finance, M & A, strategic planning, business development and marketing: - Secured $17+ million in new business in 1 year for Wales and led 6-company French and Spanish market entry.
- Converted $4 million loss to profit in 18 months by reducing overhead 40% and refocusing pump marketing strategy.
- Opened new markets for $50 million Welsh company by negotiating 15 million acquisition with $2 million contribution.Strategist whose keen understanding of global markets and business cultures drives profitable growth.
Increased pump sales to Japan from 10% to 25% of total revenue, then negotiated company's sale to Daikin.
- Propelled annual sales by a multiple of five in 2 years and led NASDAQ IPO.
- Took Spanish company's exports from zero to 35% of revenues in 3 years. Led entry into UK, France and Netherlands.
- Drove $6 million in new sales for Welsh company by developing alliance with French market leader.
Astute deal maker and problem solver with broad and varied industry experience:
- Created 22-country European distributor network for Angostura, the bitters and alcohol beverage brand leader, that placed the company in a position to propel revenues 500%+ in the following year.
- Key role in $30 million Dalgety London Stock Exchange acquisition and in numerous unlisted corporate acquisitions.
- Introduced Angostura's top-selling product line across Europe by leveraging piggyback distribution.
Master's equivalent, Business Administration, University of Westminster, London, England. Concentration in accounting, finance, business analysis, corporate/international business law and economics. 4-year program.
Fluent in French and Spanish, spoken and written.
Consultant, 2011-Present GUARDIAN LIFE OF THE CARIBBEAN Insurance Underwriter.
Director, 2003-Present UNIVEST ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED. Merchant Bank with activities involving Trading, Asset Management and Joint Venture Partnerships. London, New York and Hong Kong.
Director, 1991-Present ANGLO EUROPEAN CORPORATION Investment Bank and Commodity Trading House. Wall Street, New York, USA.
- Physical commodity trading and investment banking.
Director, 2003-2008 BASIC INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CORP. Investment Bank and Commodity Trading House. Wall Street, New York, USA.
- Head of physical commodity trading activities of this Wall Street investment bank.
- Investment banking operations for China and the Balkans.
European Representative, 2002-2003, ANGOSTURA international beverage manufacturer DC/Lyon, France
- Recruited to revitalize market for flagship product by motivating international distributors and their sales forces and major customers while introducing new product lines. Existing European Distributors were encouraged to take and promote new spirits line in exchange for retaining the prized cocktail brand.
Partner, 2001-2002, JLA CONSULTING, international business realignment and process re-engineering Washington, DC
- Post was aimed at contracting major companies such as Lockheed, Washington Gas, PEPCO Electric Utility.
Vice President, US Operations, 1999-Present, REACTIFS RAL, French medical products manufacturer Washington, DC
- Led startup of US subsidiary for French market leader. Created B2B marketing/distribution network.
- Negotiated acceptance of RAL diagnostic staining systems with major US life sciences corporations including Quest Diagnostics, Elan, Bayer and Genentech and US military.
Global Link Representative,Five years, Welsh Development Agency, global market entry services for Wales Lyon, France
- Facilitated market entry into France and Spain for six companies (aerospace, telecom, electronics, semiconductors). - Identified M & A candidates, provided due diligence and negotiation services, managed investments.
Representative, Three years, Frost-Trol, manufacturer of supermarket refrigeration cabinets Castellon, Spain
- Enabled 35% increase in sales by spearheading penetration of new European markets through national distributors.
Chief Executive Officer, Three years, Julien & Mege, S.A., $10 million water pump manufacturer Lyon, France
- Took company losing $4 million annually to $750,000 profit in 18 months. Directed 110 employees.
Toxicom Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ) niche technology company Chief Executive Officer, Five years Washington, DC
- Acquired controlling interest in firm. Grew sales five times with 16% profit on revenues. Led IPO; sold company.
Dalgety Group $5 billion food and agribusiness conglomerate Vice President, Legal & Finance / Assistant Group Secretary / Divisional Board Member, Five years London, England
- Legal/financial adviser to divisional CEOs and VP, Legal/Financial, for multimillion-dollar contracting business. - Traveled extensively to identify and manage M & As and JVs.
CEO, FFACT (promotes cultural development), Washington, DC, 2000-2002.
A founder of the International Network for Cancer Treatment and Research, Brussels, Belgium, 1997-1999 Lyon, France.